I finally get to show you guys my finished piece for the Light Grey Art Lab show, “You Can Do It (Put Your Back Into It)”! The theme was an inspirational poster with a focus on type. Everybody’s turned out really great, you can see them all here— or if you live in Minneapolis, in person, starting June 14th!
When I found out I got into this show, my life was already really stressful— I was putting up my commencement exhibition, apartment-hunting, and getting ready to graduate from college, and around me, all of my friends were even more stressed out than I was. I was definitely in need of a motivational poster!
Everything that was happening got me thinking about the times when “reach for the stars” seems like a lot to ask of a person. Some days, the most you can do is make it through the night.
If you’re interested in this poster, for a limited time you can purchase it from Light Grey Art Lab here!